Past Master Eric T. Badgett 33⁰
North Carolina Prince Hall
Right Worshipful Grand Tiler
Past Master Eric.T Badgett was born in Reidsville North Carolina on April 2, 1971 to the late William Hassell Badgett and Edith Frances Dabbs Badgett in Reidsville North Carolina. He was reared and attended school in Rockingham County. Past Master Badgett attended Bethany elementary school and later attended as well as graduated from Rockingham County Senior High School in 1989. He then received his Associates (2 year degree) in Criminal Justice at Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) in Greensboro North Carolina.
He then enlisted into the United State Marine Corps where he received several accommodations and decorations for his service to his country. He is also a Desert Storm Veteran. After leaving active duty service and continuing his service to his country in the reserve status and in the Army National Guard, he served during Operation Noble Eagle and Iraqi Freedom where he received several accommodations and decorations while serving in combat until medically retiring.
He then attended Rockingham Community College (RCC) in Wentworth North Carolina, where he received his Basic Law Enforcement certification (BLET) and graduated as the class “Most Outstanding Student”. Past Master Badgett was one of two first “African American” Police Officers to be sworn in by the Town of Yanceyville in Caswell County North Carolina. He broke all barriers and made history by becoming the departments first African American First Sergeant and then later entering into the history books as the towns first African American Chief of Police and youngest in the State of North Carolina.
After leaving the Yanceyville Police Department, Past Master Badgett became a State Trooper with the North Carolina Highway Patrol where he currently serves as a Trooper stationed in Guilford County North Carolina and he currently resides in Greensboro North Carolina with his wife and daughter, April and Amya Badgett.
- Past Master Badgett was raised to the Sublime degree of Master Mason in Lone Star Lodge No: 33 Reidsville North Carolina in 1989.
- Past Master of Dan River Lodge No: 490 Ruffin North Carolina from 2005-2007.
- Currently a member of Invincible Lodge No: 251 Greensboro North Carolina.
- Past Assistant Grand Pursuviant North Carolina Prince Hall Grand Lodge.
- Past Grand Junior Master of Ceremony of the Most Worshipful Prince Grand Lodge of North Carolina.
- Willie Ashford No: 65 Holy Royal Arch Winston Salem North Carolina North Carolina.
- Hiram King of Tyre Council No: 1 Royal Select Masters Walker Town North Carolina.
- Excellent Commandery No: 7 Knights Templar Winston Salem North Carolina.
- Reidsville Consistory No: 224 Past Commander in chief Reidsville North Carolina. Currently a member of Faith Consistory No:3 U.S.C D.C
- Elevated to 33⁰ (G.I.G) in 2011in Atlanta GA.
- Past Vice President of the Reidsville Commander of the Rites.
- He is a Noble of Abdallah Shrine Temple No: 189 Oasis of High Point North Carolina.
- Member of Immaculate Chapter No: 537 O.E.S Greensboro North Carolina.
- Past Exalted Ruler of Midway Lodge No: 241 (ELKS) I.B.P.O.E.O.W. Reidsville
- North Carolina, member Major George Preddy Jr. VFW Post 2087 Greensboro North Carolina.
- Guilford County DAV(disable veterans) Chapter No: 20
- Member of the NAACP
Past Master Badgett is a member of Jones Chapel Baptist Church in Reidsville North Carolina. He enjoys spending time with his family and fellowshipping with his brothers and sisters of the Masonic Order.